In this episode we talk about the place of lyrics in modern music. Are good lyrics required? Optional? Totally pointless because no one cares about them anyway? Join us as we settle this important question for all eternity.
Take The Eternal Playlist with you: download this episode directly or by torrent.
Bonus All-Time Great Album word cloud: Graceland by Paul Simon
- 32 Best-written lyrics
- Jon: It's All Right Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) - Bob Dylan - Bringing it All Back Home
- Turner: The Splendor of the Bender - The Deadly Gentlemen - The Bastard Masterpiece
- 45 Song with great instrumentation but terrible lyrics
- 69 best vocals that aren't saying any words (ululations and such)
Cultural Reference Links:
- P.D. Eastman, worker of miracles with simple language.