Episode 7 was a general guide to sequencing, but we couldn't leave this fertile subject alone. This episode focuses on opening tracks and closing tracks. Do you know how to start a party? Do you know how to end one?
For the convenience of our dedicated listenership, here is a direct download and a torrent download of the episode.
Your extra-special bonus All-Time Great Album word cloud: Black Sheep Boy by Okkervil River!
- 119 BOOKend: a pair of songs that perfectly open and close an album
- Jon: Gimmie Shelter - The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed
- Turner: Black Sheep Boy - Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy (Definitive Edition)
- 26 Best track that opens a great album
- Jon: Teenage Riot - Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation
- Turner: A More Perfect Union - Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
- 155 Least conclusive closing track
- 25 Song that isn't the last one on an album, but it should be
- Jon: Maggot Brain - Funkadelic - Maggot Brain
- Turner: Love Love Love - The Mountain Goats - Sunset Tree
- 49 Most conclusive closing track
- 120 bookEND: the second part of #119